Monday, May 17, 2004

Comments from Jonathan Pack

I just wanted to point out a few things about the U.N.
Would we had known of the oil-for-food BILLIONS that have
been laundered if we had not gone into Iraq?  The program
that is headed by the Secretary General Annon.  And as far
as our allies against us in Iraq, if you were France or
Russia and you knew that "your" oil fields were going to be
taken from you and given back to Iraq, wouldn't you be
against the war?  France and Russia both had the rights to
the 3 largest oil fields in Iraq.  I'm pretty sure I know
why they were against, along with the BILLIONS that they
would eventually stop getting from the oil-for-food
program.  Now I am only 20 years old and most likely you
won't take me seriously, but these are just my
observations.  What would Reagan say to this?  Are you
writing your thoughts or the your ideas of what Reagan
would say?  I do believe Reagan was somewhat of a right vs.
wrong guy.  However, I have not had the years that you have
had to research and discover, but no matter what you say,
and no matter what evidence you put in front of me, I
believe the basic fact of this war is that we are helping a
country feel freedom.  Whether this was the idea of
President Bush's plot to go into Iraq, we may never know,
but the Iraqi people, in many areas, are doing things that
they couldn't even dream of under Saddam.  Yes, there are
still terror groups and certain Iraqi groups that are
causing many troubles, and our embarrassing those Iraqi
prisoners and our ourselves did not help, but I do believe
that Iraq will be much more stable in the near future.
Heck, look at when we started our democracy over 200 years
ago.  We had turmoil.  We had fights.  We had chaos.  It
may not have been to the extent of today, but we still had
a lot of trouble in our beginning.  These are just my
thoughts, and I hope you read and critique them if you may.
Thank you for reading.

Jonathan Pack