Thursday, June 30, 2005

Dangerous Incompetence: Bob Herbert

Dangerous Incompetence - New York Times:

"On July 2, 2003, with evidence mounting that U.S. troop strength in Iraq was inadequate, Mr. Bush told reporters at the White House, 'There are some who feel that the conditions are such that they can attack us there. My answer is, Bring 'em on.'

It was an immature display of street-corner machismo that appalled people familiar with the agonizing ordeals of combat. Senator Frank Lautenberg, a New Jersey Democrat, was quoted in The Washington Post as saying: 'I am shaking my head in disbelief. When I served in the Army in Europe during World War II, I never heard any military commander - let alone the commander in chief - invite enemies to attack U.S. troops.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment