Monday, June 06, 2005

Hillary Clinton Assails the G.O.P.: Follow-Up Remarks

Lately General Bush has made us remember V. I. Lenin’s saying, “If you are not with me, you are against me.” There’s another saying, from the Middle East, I believe: “My enemy’s enemy is my friend.” Well, I didn’t think I’d ever root for Hillary Clinton, but a Democrat or anyone else who has courage to denounce our current leaders has to get support. So go, Hillary, go!

Howard Dean recently made another snide remark about the Republicans, and some Democrats are saying – again – that he’s gone too far. Let’s see what Hillary does when they try to move Dean out of the party chairmanship as the 2008 elections approach.

Hillary’s remarks in her second paragraph may be true enough, but it’s not the whole truth. The Democrats can’t do more to stop the Republicans because they’re acting like a bunch of wimpy nincompoops who don’t have any guts. What Hillary says about the media in her last two paragraphs applies to the Democrats as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment