Thursday, May 24, 2007

Reagan Diaries Reveal President's Faith - U.S. - CBN News

Reagan Diaries Reveal President's Faith - U.S. - CBN News

The diaries record Reagan's thoughts about the events of the day and other parts of his life, including his family and often with his characteristic humor.

For instance, he wrote, "Insanity is hereditary you catch it from your kids."

The diaries also show the president's faith. He wrote this entry several days after he was shot by John Hinckley on March 30, 1981.

"Getting shot hurts. Still my fear was growing, because no matter how hard I tried to breathe, it seemed I was getting less and less air. I focused on the tiled ceiling and prayed.

"But I realized I couldn't ask for God's help while, at the same time, I felt hatred for the mixed up young man who had shot me. Isn't that the meaning of the lost sheep?

"We are all God's children and, therefore, equally beloved by Him. I began to pray for his soul and that he would find his way back to the fold. Whatever happens now, I owe my life to God and will try to serve him in every way I can."

No comments:

Post a Comment